As one of the industry's most efficient and experienced fire protection design and engineering firms, Northstar delivers in-house project solutions on time and on budget within a single point of responsibility. Northstar’s design/build process can be seamlessly applied to systems that include:
- Wet Sprinkler Systems: Wet pipe systems are the most simple and most common type of fire sprinkler installation. Wet pipe systems are frequently installed in buildings such as factories, warehouses and offices where freezing temperatures are not likely to exist.
- Dry Sprinkler Systems: Dry pipe systems are frequently installed in areas subject to freezing temperatures such as storage areas and loading docks. All components are fast acting, rugged and durable enough to provide several years of dependable operation.
- Pre-Action Systems: Pre-action systems are most frequently used to protect against accidental water discharge or to speed the action of large dry pipe systems. Common installations include computer rooms, process control rooms, libraries and freezers.
- Deluge Sprinkler Systems: Deluge Systems provide fast and complete wetting of protected areas and are frequently used in extra-hazard risks such as aircraft hangars, power generating stations and petrochemical facilities.
- Foam Water Sprinkler Systems: Any system — wet, dry, deluge, or pre-action —can be adapted to include the injection of AFFF foam concentrate in order to combat high risks such as flammable fuels and alcohol.
- Fire Pumps: A fire pump is part of a fire sprinkler system's water supply and can be powered by electric power, diesel power, or steam power. The pump intake is either connected to the public underground water supply or a static water source such as a reservoir or lake.
- Accelerated project completion
- Engineering and construction synergy
- Early knowledge of project costs
- Continuous value engineering
- Constructability design
- Streamlined communication and partnering
- Single-source responsibility
- Reduced owner's risk
- Streamlined control of quality and schedule
- Reduced owner coordination cost
- Extensive modular prefabrication
- Avoidance of double markups and multiple contractors
- Fiscal strength
Alarm Design and Installation
We also design and install certified alarm equipment that alerts through easy-to-use devices such as your smartphone or computer. From addressable alarm systems to mass notification systems, Northstar builds alarm systems to suit any environment.
We offer design for system replacements, expansions, modifications and new construction including:
- Addressable Fire Alarm
- Fire Suppression
- Emergency Evacuation Systems
- Smoke Evacuation and Smoke Control Systems
- Local and Wide Area Mass Notification Systems
- Central Station Monitoring
- Sprinkler Supervisory Systems
- IR/UV Flame Detection
- VESDA Systems
- Deluge/Pre-action Control Panel